*Please note that this plan is subject to change if and when guidelines change. We are committed to updating you as soon as possible when changes are made.*
- Parents/guardians will screen children daily before allowing them to board the bus.
- Parents/guardians will be required to designate one address for morning pick-up and one address for afternoon drop-off. Multiple addresses for morning pick-up or afternoon drop-off will not be allowed.
- Students will use hand sanitizer when they enter the bus. Dispensers will be provided.
- Students of the same household will be asked to sit together regardless of age.
- Students are encouraged to adhere to social distancing requirements while at bus stops.
- Seating assignments will be mandated on each bus.
- Buses will be cleaned daily.
Special Education & 504
- Parents will have the option of participating in ARD or 504 meetings in the following formats: In-person at the school or online via Google Meet.
- To reduce cash handling, parents are asked to fund meal accounts (Snacks & extra items) through the MySchoolBucks app or website found at: http://www.myschoolbucks.com/
- Expanded seating options where possible.
- Sanitization between lunch groups.
- All extracurricular and athletic activities/events will follow participation guidelines set forth by the University Interscholastic League (UIL).
- If a parent identifies their child as a close contact to a positive case, they may choose to keep their student at home for a quarantine period. If this decision is made, the child is required to stay home for the quarantine period and cannot participate (including practices) in extracurricular activities until the quarantine period is over.
*Students who receive a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and who participate in UIL/Extracurricular activities are encouraged to obtain a doctor’s release prior to returning to participation.
Events & Contests:
- Spectator attendance at all activities and extracurricular events remain at 100%. Individuals who are symptomatic and/or are within a 5-day period of testing positive should not Lorena ISD activities or contests.